Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

 












Book Cover Image: http://www.barnesandnoble.com



Pearson, Mary E. The Adoration of Jenna Fox. New York: R.R. Donnelley & Sons, 2008. Print.
       ISBN: 978031259441


Awards/Honors:
Winner of the 2010 Arkansas Teen Book Award
2009 Westchester Fiction Award
2009 ALA Best Books for Young Adults
2010 YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
2008 Librarians Choices

Annotation:
I am Jenna Fox or am I? I look like Jenna Fox, I talked like Jenna Fox, but I don't feel like Jenna Fox. I can't even remember Jenna Fox.

Book Talk:
"I used to be someone. Someone named Jenna Fox. That's what they tell me. But I am more than a name. More than they tell me. More than the facts and statistics they fill me with. More than video clips they make me watch. More. But I'm not sure what." Jenna Fox has just awoke from a coma. A coma that has put her under for than a year and a half. When she awakes she can't remember who she is, what she has done, or why she was in a coma in the first place. Slowly she begins to recollect but is remembering the truth she really wants to know? What truly defines Jenna Fox?

No comments:

Post a Comment